Rock’NRolla is a brand inspired by our life and our passion for cinema and music. The percentage of the varieties is different every year, but is always a blend of the power of Cabernet Sauvignon, the elegant bouquet of Cabernet Franc and the finesse of Merlot.
Appellation and origin: Red wine, blend of Cabernet Sauvignon & Cabernet Franc & Merlot "Rock'NRolla" from Bulgaria, PGI Thracian Lowlands, Mogilovo. Midalidare estate grown and bottled: vineyards Karaliets and Dabovets (Bio certified).
Grape variety: Blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon from Karaliets, 40% Cabernet Franc from Dabovets and 10% Merlot from Karaliets.
Volume: 750 ml.
Closure: Natural cork.
Alcohol content: 14% vol.
Maturity: Mature. Could benefit from further ageing. Ageing potential is 10 years and more.
Packaging: Each bottle is individually packaged in a stylish cardboard box, 6 boxes per case.
Download Tech sheet
Buy Magnum volume
Tasting notes: Deep and intensive dark red colour with fine brick hues. Elegant and complex nose, aromas of red fruits, pepper, leather and smoke are complimented by vanilla and marmalade tones. Excellent concentration, very good balance and acidity. Long and memorable aftertaste.
Serving suggestions: Pairs lovely with grilled and roast lamb, Roast beef, veal and venison, stews cooked in red wine, British territorial cheeses, and hard cheeses. Serve at 16-18°С, in Cabernet/Merlot or Bordeaux wine glass (tall stem, larger bowl, wide rim) or regular Red wine glass. Decant at least two hours prior serving.
Storage: Cool and dark place, at temperature 12-15°С.
Rock’NRolla is Midalidare estate grown and bottled, French oak aged and partly oak fermented red Bulgarian wine, blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot, with Protected Geographical Indication Thracian Lowlands.
Terroir: Dabovets vineyard
- Organic certified vineyard (Dabovets),
- Altitude 300-390 metres above sea level,
- Hilly terrain with 6%-10% slope,
- Аlluvial, average to low sandy, with a high content of clay (Karaliets),
- Red clayey soils with high presence of iron oxides (Dabovets),
- Mild winter, hot summer,
- Optimal proportion of sunshine and rainfall,
- Big temperature amplitude.
Viticulture: Wine is made at the vineyard
- Plants of French origin,
- South exposure,
- East-West row orientation,
- Average age of 14 years in vintage 2020,
- Double vertical shoot positioning (VSP or double guyot),
- Twofold regulation of production - green pruning and veraison pruning.
- Harvest by hand from the end of September to the second half of October,
- Double sorting and press,
- Cold soak and decanting,
- Slow stainless steel fermentation,
- Slow French oak barrels fermentation,
- Malolactic fermentation,
- Ageing in French oak barrels for at least 12 months.