Carpe Diem Red
Carpe Diem is Midalidare's brand for friends, for fun, for everyday moments in life. The brand consists of red, rose and white wine, all of them blended of several varieties. Carpe Diem wines are young, vibrant and expressive. They are suitable for every taste, every moment and are excellent paired with variety of dishes. With Carpe Diem wines, emotions come to life in the enjoyment of the present.
Appellation and origin: Red wine, blend of Merlot & Cabernet Sauvignon & Syrah & Malbec “Carpe Diem” from Bulgaria, PGI Thracian Lowlands, Mogilovo. Midalidare estate grown and bottled: Karaliets vineyard, Shipkata vineyard and Dabovets vineyard (Bio certified).
Grape variety: Blend of 60% Merlot form Karaliets, 20% Syrah from Shipkata, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon from Karaliets & 10% Malbec from Dabovets.
Volume: 750 ml.
Closure: Diam cork (Diam for still wines).
Alcohol content: 14.5% vol.
Maturity: Mature; could benefit from further ageing. Keep up to 2-4 years.
Packaging: 6 bottles per case.
Download Tech sheet Buy 0.375 L volume
Buy 1.5 L volume Buy 3.0 L volume
Carpe Diem Red
Tasting notes: The wine has a dense ruby red colour with violet hints. Aromas of ripe cherries, plums, blueberries, whit spicy notes and cocoa and smoky tones. Carpe Diem Red reveals velvet body, soft tannins, and perfect fruity taste with spicy aftertaste.
Serving suggestions: Carpe Diem Red is perfect match for roasted goat, steak & potatoes, beef stew. Serve at 16-18°С, in Cabernet/Merlot or Bordeaux glass (tall stem, larger bowl, wide rim) or regular Red wine glass.
Storage: Cool and dark place, at temperature 12-15°С.
Carpe Diem Red
Carpe Diem Red is Midalidare estate grown and bottled partial oak aged Bulgarian red wine, blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, and Malbec, with Protected Geographical Indication Thracian Lowlands.
Terroir: Karaliets, Shipkata and Dabovets vineyards
- Organic certified vineyard (Dabovets),
- Altitude 290-390 metres above sea level,
- Hilly terrain with 6%-10% slope,
- Аlluvial, average to low sandy, with a high content of clay (Karaliets),
- Alluvial soils with high presence of limestone (Shipkata),
- Red clayey soils with high presence of iron oxides (Dabovets),
- Northern air currents from the wide valleys,
- Mild winter, hot summer,
- Optimal proportion of sunshine and rainfall,
- Big temperature amplitude.
Viticulture: Wine is made at the vineyard
- Plants of French origin,
- Average age of 14 years in vintage 2020,
- South exposure,
- East-West row orientation,
- Double vertical shoot positioning (VSP or double guyot),
- Vine density at the rate of 4000 plants per hectare,
- Controlled yield,
- Controlled water balance,
- Twofold regulation of production - green pruning and veraison pruning.
- Harvest by hand from the end of September to the end of October,
- Double sorting and press,
- Cold soak and decanting,
- Slow stainless steel fermentation,
- Partial мalolactic fermentation,
- Partial аgeing in French oak barrels for 6-10 months.
Buy 6 bottles Carpe Diem Red 0.75 L and get 6% off.